Tuesday, April 24, 2012

When it Rains, It poors.

Not only are we grieving over the loss of Bryan's Grandpa, but today I found out that my parents have to put our family's cat down tomorrow.

 Vita has been apart of our family since I brought her home when I was in the 7th grade.  She was never a cuddly, sweet cat and she hated kids, but she was still our family pet.  She occasionally let you love up on her.  She has been going downhill for a bit now and what's so heart breaking is that since her health has deteriorated, she has become the lovable, cuddly cat.  Its almost as if she knows that its almost her time to go. She was even letting my niece lay her head on her the other day.  Its so hard to say good bye to loved ones and loved pets.  I just hate that we have to say good bye to 2 loved ones in a week. 

My parents are struggling with this so much right now so please lift them up in your prayers.  I know that times will get better and struggles always seem to come and "dump" on you all at one time, but right now we are just sad.


"Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim." ---Vicki Harrison

1 comment:

  1. Oh Gosh Kallie, I know that hurts. We are really close to our pets. The day after my FIL died last year my MIL cat got hit by a car and died in her arms. It was traumatic to say the least. I ma saying a prayer for your mom and day and your family. I love that quote and will have to use it, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete