Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Through the Eyes of a Child

It has been a tough couple of weeks for me because lately the kids are so lovey, cuddly, and sweet!  I just do not want to leave them to go to work.  I think I'm realizing that it is getting closer and closer to when my baby will be in all day school and I won't even have all day on my Friday's off to spend time with him.  Also the reality that I will be starting school in the fall and my Saturday's will also be consumed with school.  I know I will be able to find a balance but at this point, I don't know my work/school load will be like so I fear how I will manage my time. 

Christian and Bryleigh spent the day with Grandma yesterday as Bryan had doctor's appointments in Madison and I was working,  so I picked the kids up and I have to share the conversation that Christian and I had while in the car on the way home:  

Me:  I missed you guys so much today.
Christian:  I missed you too, Mom, while you were at work.  
Me: I know, I wish I didn't have to work so I could spent all day with you guys.
Christian:  I have an idea...You should go tell your boss that you don't want to work anymore.
Me:  That would be a great idea, if I didn't need to work so that we can pay the bills.
Christian: Yes, then maybe you should not tell your boss that.
Me:  That is true, but I still wish I didn't have to work.

I just thought our conversation was so sweet.  Its amazing to really look into the eyes of a child and see their view on the world in such simplicity.  The sweet, innocence of a child is just amazing. Although, I get so frustrated at times, I really need to sit back and realize they are learning.  It just melts my heart to have two amazing children waiting for me when I get home!  Although, I may not be able to spent every second with them,  I feel so blessed that if the kids get to be home with Dad. They always have one of their parents home with them and although it may not be the traditional stay at home mom,  they are blessed with a stay at home dad, and for that I'm thankful.  
 
"Seek the wisdom of the ages, but look at the
world through the eyes of a child"
---Ron Wild.

After dinner tonight,  my mom and I took the kids to a Juggling Show at the Library so that Bryan could have some time to relax as he is still not feeling the greatest.  It was an odd show to say the least, definitely not one that I would want to see again, but the kids did laugh at some parts.  The majority of the jokes were adult humor which were over the heads of the wee little ones in attendance.  But Christian was picked to go on stage and "juggle." Christian can be so shy at times so I am very surprised that he agreed to go on stage, but he did very well. 




"The sun illuminates only the eye of the man, but shines into the eye and the heart of the child "---Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comment:

  1. I do just love the things kids say, So very sweet. It must be difficult, it is a blessing they get to be with their dad. I will be saying prayers for you that you will find balance when school starts. How sweet that Christian got picked. I love the quotes you posted.

    ReplyDelete