Saturday, April 14, 2012

Children's Festival and Night #2

This morning we woke up bright and early to get ready for the day.  We started our morning by taking Bryleigh downtown to get her Safe Assured Child ID kit. Our local law enforcement provides free kits for children for the unforeseeable event that a child is kidnapped. They take a photo of your child to make an ID, a video of your child to show mannerisms, and digital fingerprints.  Its a great identification kid to keep handy in the event it may be needed to help find your child immediately.   Christian had his done when he was little (which we should probably get updated) but we just had Bryleigh done this morning since she does not have one yet.

 After this, we went up to Marshfield to meet our friends so we could take the kids to the Children's Festival. It is great, cheap entertainment. There were lots of little booths with freebie toys, stickers, stuffed animals, and games. 



But the boys favorite part of the construction area...

Dad helped Christian build a car. 

Bryleigh and I observed the fun!
Carson also built a car. 
|And Landon built a took box. 

Christian and Bryleigh were also able to get their picture taken with the Police Canine!


It was a fun way to spent the morning.  And the best part is, that our town is having their children's festival next weekend, so the kids are going to be able to enjoy the fun for two weekends in a row!

Also, I have good news to report on Toddler Bed night #2 for Bryleigh.  We tried Bryleigh in her bed again last night and it went extremely well considering the first attempt.  As you can see, Bryleigh's mattress is still on her bed!  Yayy! 

Although, the 30 minutes after we put Bryleigh to bed, consisted of this...

Sitting outside her door for when her cute little face peeked around the door, we could tell her to go back to bed!  But thankfully, it only took several reminders.  And to add another accomplishment to it, nap time in her toddler bed went just as well this afternoon!  I'm thinking that this might be a little too easy, so I'm thinking that she is going to give us a run for  our money in a couple of weeks :) Or maybe I'm just remembering back to Christian's fun little tricks when he switched to a toddler bed. 

Lastly, if you look over at my right sidebar, you will notice that I added a page for my tutu's and bows (thanks to my sweet friend Tesha at Tesha's Treasures for helping me out.)  I sure can be computer illiterate when it comes to these things but after a couple of hours, I finally figured it out!  Take a look at some of my creations and there is a link to my facebook shop, Bryleigh's Bowtique on the page also.

Now I am going to enjoy movie night with my family!

1 comment:

  1. Great Job! I am thrilled, you are so talented and creative. Looks like a really fun event you guys went to. Also how Awesome that Bryleigh stayed in her bed...I am so slacking on Shayla.

    ReplyDelete