Friday, April 6, 2012

Eggcellant Times

Happy Good Friday.Although a day of solemn morning for our Savior's Death, today we say prayers of Thanksgiving and rejoice that we are saved through him.

 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring 8 us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit...1 Peter 3:18

And as I remember the true meaning of this week and the Salvation of all, I rejoice in the blessed resurrection to be celebrated on Easter Sunday! 

As every Good Friday,  we attended church this afternoon and here's to a little pity party to myself (forgive me)...we did not last more than 15 minutes at the service.  I was saying a little prayer that my sister was attending church with us today after many years of encouragement, and along with my sister was my two nieces.  So if you count it out, we had 4 children and 3 adults (Mom was along too)  and you would think that we would be able to entertain/contain the kids with almost a 1:1 ratio,  but you would have guessed wrong.  Mix in 2 children that needed naps and that makes for one interesting time at church. So unfortunately, we will be saying prayers of thanksgiving at home this year and hope that Easter Sunday goes much better!   


I believe the kids were too excited and over tired from our fun morning of dying Easter eggs.  









Christian
Bryleigh

Denali
Phoenix


Please remember the true reason of today and not just that we all get a Friday off of work :)  



 God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us...Romans 5:8

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun morning, I total relate to the tired kids....so hard. I hope you have an awesome weekend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete