Sunday, April 15, 2012

Park, Playdough, and Night #3

Today was a rough day for us.  Bryan has been sick since yesterday afternoon with a nasty cold that his him down for the count.  He has been in bed all day and this is not like him.  Hopefully he gets better soon. So my goal was to try to keep the kids entertained all day so that they would not bother him.  That is hard with 2 small children. They kept wanting to go in and hang with daddy so there were a lot temper tantrums today.  It didn't help that the day started off very dreary, so we were stuck inside until after naps. 

There are only so many board games, cartoons, and book reading that will keep the kids entertained for more than 5 minutes so after nap time, we took a little trip to the park.


It was pretty humid but very windy.  Feels like a storm is brewing up around here. Its odd for me to say since I usually despise storms but a little thunderstorm would be exciting to fall asleep to!

After numerous requests,  I finally brought the playdough out for the kids to play with.  Sometimes it does pay to have toys that only come out once in a while because the playdough kept them entertained for a good hour without any fights.  Praise the Lord :) 


Lastly,  I may be kicking myself for this in about a week but I took Bryleigh's crib down today.  Makes for a lot more open area in Bryleigh's room.  She has been doing fairly good in the bed. It seems as if she is "testing" us longer and longer at each bedtime and naptime but she eventually gives in.  I'm sure it will only get worse before it gets better.  But we will keep trying!  And she looks so cute when she finally does fall asleep.
I did move her into a more comfortable position after I took the adorable picture!

And I was able to make a cute froggy bow during naptime today...


Now to go wait on my sick hubby!  Here's to praying for healthy week ahead. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh My goodness that bow id sooooo cute. Is it for sale? SO sorry to hear your hubby is sick, I know that is really hard. It was so difficult to keep the little ones off daddy when he was injured. Saying a prayer he is better soon.

    ReplyDelete