Saturday, April 21, 2012

Night out on the Town

Bryan and I dropped the kiddos off at Grandma and Grandpa's before naps yesterday so that we could make a day of our date night. We made our first stop in Madison at my all time favorite restaurant, Hu Hot Mongolian Grill.  Anytime we find one, I make Bryan take me.  Just the idea of being able to pick out all my own meat, veggies, and sauce and have someone grill it for me gets me all excited! And it was great, as usual...
We had planned to make a stop at the Johnson Creek premium outlet malls on the way to Milwaukee but we missed our exit and there wasn't another turn off for 10 more miles so we decided to skip it and see if we could find something else to do in Milwaukee.  We arrived in Milwaukee around 5 and found the Milwaukee Theater right away.  The only problem is that we are small town folks heading into a big city and have no idea how city life works.  So to put us in the middle of huge buildings, with tons of one way streets, and horrible traffic, we did not want to venture too far from where we needed to be at 9:30pm for the show. So after driving around for awhile, checking out a "mall" if you could call it that with only a food court and several stores, we decided to park and walk around.

It was freezing and had no idea where we were walking to but we did find a Starbucks and stop for a drink to warm up!

My big city followers are probably chuckling at me right now but I find the city amazing.  The views and big buildings are just so fun to look at. Even the car ramps are 8 stories tall.  You won't find that in my small town. Although I'm pretty sure that my hubby would not be able to stand me if we lived in a big city.  I played one heck of a good "back seat driver" as we were stuck in road construction and rush hour traffic only making it 3 miles in 45 minutes.  To say that I am too impatient for city driving would be an understatement!  So to all those that live in big cities, God Bless you because I plan to stick to my small town living!

After becoming bored at Starbucks, we found a hotel down the road that we ventured in to and I'm pretty sure that we were out of our element and financial class but we hung out for over an hour. The lobby had a bar/chocolate dessert buffet and a band.  We enjoyed it, and unfortunately I did not take any pictures because that would have definitely made me stick out.  I'm sure others would have been saying, "Look at that couple,  they probably could not afford to stay here in a million years! Quite the tourists, they are!"  Ha Ha.

We headed to the show at around 9 and fount our seats! I don't have a lot of pictures to share since no photography or video cameras were allowed during the show.  The Intro to Daniel Tosh was another comedian, Kyle Kinane. I found his jokes to be quite entertaining and I laughed quite a bit. But unfortunately, he was the best part of the show, in my opinion.


I've watched several comedians before and have always been quite entertained.  Mostly because they joke about themselves of family members and you can tell that its all in fun. I've watched Tosh.0 on Comedy Central with the hubby where he pokes fun at UTube videos, which most are ridiculously dumb, so its okay that jokes are being made about them. But what I was not expecting from this comedy show, were the controversial topics that Daniel Tosh joked about.  There were a few select jokes I chuckled at but most I did not. My goal was to have a great date night with the hubby and we did have a fun night away, and that's all that matters.  But unfortunately,  the jokes that Daniel Tosh made were just too crude and rude for me.  Bryan kept trying to inform me that they are jokes and he probably does not actually believe in what he is saying, but I just could not grasp it. 
The show ended at around 11:30pm and we made a mad dash for the car since we were on the highest floor of the parking garage.  We had assumed that traffic would be horrible and we still have another 3 hour drive ahead of us.  But traffic was find and we were out of town within a half hour.  I dozed in and out of sleep the majority of the ride home and we made it home by around 3am.  Very long day for us "old" people who are usually in bed by 9pm.

We slept in this morning until 10:30am.  I'm pretty sure that the last time that happened, I was still in high school.  The kids had a great time with Grandma and Grandpa and were even excited to see us this morning.

Our community had the annual Children's Festival today at the high school so we took the kids over there.  The activities were the same as last weekend but it was a change of scenery for the kids. The favorite activity was again, the construction area.  Dad helped Christian build a bird house today and I helped Bryleigh build a doll bed!








We also skipped the inside activities since none of the kids wanted to color or do art projects, and we went  outside to play on the school bus, fire truck, garbage truck, and airplane.




We had quite an eventful day so far and now the kids are all tired out.  Staying up til 11pm with Grandma and Grandpa and then more activities this morning, made for two very tired, cranky kids. But before I wrap this up, I have to share a funny story:

After I dropped Christian off at school yesterday, Bryleigh and I ran to Walmart to grab a few things. On our way out, I buckled Bryleigh in her car seat, shut the door, and hear a "beep beep" noise. My first thought was, "Oh no, I locked my keys in the car, with Bryleigh in it."  I look in my purse and around the outside of the car for my keys and don't see them.  I peek my head in the backseat and Bryleigh has my keys and she is smiling at me as she is pressing the "lock" button on the key.  So the next 5 minutes are spent with me trying to persuade Bryleigh to push the "unlock" button while she continues to press the "lock" and "trunk" buttons. And if you are picturing a little sassy 2 year old with a little smirk on her face pushing buttons while Mom is all in frantic wondering how I am going to get in my car...your mental picture is exactly right.  I had many giggles come my way from passing shoppers as they hear my bribing my daughter.  Luckily, she finally did let me in and it makes for one great story to tell, but I will be more aware of where I put my keys from now on!  But how can you get frustrated with this little rascal... with her boo boo bunny after she got an "owie"! 

The never ending stories of motherhood continue :)

1 comment:

  1. LOL I can totally picture Shayla doing that. I would of loved to see that. It sounds like a fun date night except for the bad jokes. I have to say I am pretty sensitive and do not find coarse jokes funny. I love the adventures in the big city story so fumy!!! I was cracking up to picture it. I have to say my husband and I have ended up in some of those upper class places and felt really goofy. We once went to a restaurant a friend recommended and the only thing we could afford was rice and it was $50. I was pretty embarrassed, not to mention Hungry. You guys do so many fun things with the kids it is awesome! Have you ever watched Tim Hawkins on you tube he is so funny, I just have to watch his videos sometime to get a good laugh. Have a blessed Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete