Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Things I Do

I am always thinking about crafty things to do and new bows to make.  But usually I work on the projects over time and get them done when I have a free moment. Well apparently, stress and grief make me want to be more crafty, probably to do something with my time instead of just think.  So the past couple of days, when we have not been with family, picking out flowers, or picking up our new camper (which I am so excited about using )...

I have also been making lots and lots of bows for my favorite people...Bryleigh and my nieces! My favorite to share with you all are the matching Camo Bows that I made to match the cute shirts I ordered from Remingtons Rad Designs whom I heard about through another blog friend, The Staats, and who also offered 10% off through the end of April on all orders. So when I received my order, I was so excited to start crafting.  Hopefully my sister is not reading this because this is a surprise for my newest niece's arrival in late August.(And Katie, if you are reading this, please do not tell me that you did and act surprised when you see it!  He He)
"Camo Cutie"

"I'm the pink in Daddy's Camo World"

"I'm the pink in Daddy's Camo World



I'm so excited for the many more cute matching bows that I will be creating for my 3 beauties!

As you can tell, my newest creations are the bottle cap bow centers that I have started making. They are so fun to create and add so much to my bows! Not to mention, the possibilities are endless to make matching bows for outfits...

Rockin" my Hairbows


Minnie Mouse
"B" for Bryleigh on her Minnie Mouse Bow
3 Layers

 And a new type of bow that I tried out...




I'm so grateful that my job offers a 3 day paid funeral leave. I am able to spent the much needed time with Bryan and the family as we go through this period of loss.  I have also been spending lots of cuddling time with kids...



We are struggling right now having to explain the concept of death to Christian right now.  I think I need to do some more research on how best to talk about it.  Christian is constantly learning about God and Heaven through school and home but it has always been an abstract concept to him.  So now, having to explain Grandpa being in Heaven, I thought Christian would be okay with it. But he actually got physically upset and distressed at the thought of dying and then he fixates on death and dying, asking many questions about it and if he is going to die. And stating that he doesn't want to.  I fear I am not explaining it properly and I also do not want to traumatize him.  I think to myself how do I explain that death isn't always happy but Heaven is amazing. It has got to be confusing for a child to grasp that concept.  So if any of my readers have any ideas on how best to explain, I would love to hear. 

On that note, we said good bye to Vita today. I'm happy that she is not suffering anymore but we will miss her!
Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Kallie the book Heaven is for real for kids is really great! My kids love the pictures very comforting. I LOVE the bows they are AWESOME!!!! Don't forget to do a special post Friday for what you make or sale Kelly's link up!

    ReplyDelete