Sunday, December 11, 2011

Surprise!

My amazing husband turned 25 yesterday and for the past month or so, I have been planning a surprise "Quarter of a Century"  themed birthday party for him!  And I am happy to announce that he was completely surprised!  He had absolutely no idea!  I'm so excited that it all worked out :)
The Invitation

As the kids napped,  I asked if I could go shopping with my friend, Jenna, (which would actually be very rude to do on his birthday) but he agreed!  So we were able to go decorate without any questions asked.

Quarters and "25" confetti for centerpieces


We finger painted for daddy!  Post found here

Quarter Cake with Quarter cookie party favors!

So much detail!  They even had "Bryan" on them

I enlisted the help of my Grandparents to offer to take him out to eat for Pizza and of course, he didn't say no.  He just could not figure out why we were eating so late :)  So he walked down the stairs and SURPRISE...



I was very happy that all our family and friends could come out to help him celebrate!  









 Here are two of Bryan's gifts... so creative!
Money Tree!
Quarter Board
Of course, we had to sing Happy Birthday and cut into the cake! The cake was very delicious! 



We only had one mishap in which 2 DJ's showed up.  So as I am trying to be secretive at home, the DJ keeps calling me to figure things out.  Apparently, what had happened, is that my mother in law and I had called around getting quotes and just because we had called and talked about pricing with one company, they assumed that it was all planned, no contract or money down, and set up all before the DJ that I actually hired came to set up and found another DJ all ready there.  Very confusing but in the end,  it worked out.  We got music (although the DJ that was originally there that packed up and went home probably would have put on a better show), we learn from our mistakes and the first DJ will probably start having contracts or something! 
These guys were the DJ's that I didn't hire.  But it probably would have been a good show :)

All the kids at the party had so much fun dancing, playing with balloons, and running around!  Apparently, they were having too much fun at several points during the night, because there were complaints from upstairs so we had to try to quiet them down.  You want me to tell7 kids under the age of 8 to quiet down?!?. Ha Ha yeah right! Let them play :)





Table Fort

Bryleigh danced all night long and Christian had so much fun playing with Landon and Carson! We had Lindsey, our cousin.  all lined up to be our sitter if the kids got crabby and tired but there was no need for that!  They had so much fun and had no meltdowns at all.  They were able to stay and have fun all night until we wrapped up the party close to midnight!

I did not take many pictures as I was too busy having fun, but I know that the in laws took many pictures so I will share later on!  I'm so excited that I was able to put this together for my wonderful husband.  He does little things all the time for me and I hope he knows how much he means to me and how thankful I am to be sharing my life with him. This was just a little reminder about how much I appreciate everything he does for our family!  Thank you to everyone who helped me make this party a success!

Happy "Quarter of a century" Bryan!  I love you with all my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment