Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Bad Hair Day

My goal the past couple of months has been to teach Bryan to do Bryleigh's hair in pigtails.  The answer I usually get is "I will do pigtail's when you learn to change a tire."  But after much insisting that "stay at home dad's" need to know these things, he let me try to teach him tonight.



Although it is not the best pony tail that Bryleigh has ever had, I give him an A+ for effort!  It appears that we have a lot of work to do!  Good thing that Bryleigh is only 2 and we have a lot of time for teaching!  My attempts at trying to get him to put a pigtail in tomorrow for her to look cute for Christian's Christmas Program at school is not going to happen but at least I can say I tried :)

On another note,  Bryleigh loves to be held these days so I busted out the baby carrier to see if she still fit. And she sure does...


I miss carrying her around like I used! I remember when she was 6 pounds and I used to clean the whole house with her attached to my belly!  Oh how I miss those days!  But I guess we can still make this work for a little while at least...23 pounds is a lot heavier than 6 pounds! 

Tomorrow is Christian's Christmas Program and I've been very sad (and feeling like a failure as a parent) the past several days because I have to miss his program.  One of the things that I dislike about being a working mom, and especially a commuting, working mom.  If I worked in town, I would be able to leave work for an hour and then go back but because I work 45 minutes away, I am not able to do that.  And with my 5 day mini Christmas vacation coming up, I was not able to reschedule my obligations for tomorrow :)  But I was parent helper last week and was able to see their rehearsal so I feel a little better.  And I taught my hubby how to work the video camera so he is going to record it for me!  I know this is not the first event of the kids that I am going to have to miss, but it is my first and I know it is going to be rough day tomorrow for me!  Wish me luck that I will be able to make it through the day knowing that I get to watch the video of it tomorrow evening! 

No comments:

Post a Comment