Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Traditions

I love this time of year!  Not only because of all the lights, decorations, and presents but because we get to celebrate the birth of our savior and have fun creating family traditions along the way!  When I was little, my Grandparents had an Advent Calender that my Grandma made and I always enjoyed going to her house and putting the "decoration on the tree!"  Several years ago,  my Grandma made another one and passed the Advent Calender down to me!  I was very excited because now we can share the tradition with Christian and Bryleigh!



Every night before bed, the kids (mainly Christian) go the calender and pick where they want to put the next "ornament."  Then we go to Christian's room and he tears off one of his chains from his advent paper chain that he made at school!



Last year, Grandpa and Grandma started the chocolate calender tradition and now Bryleigh gets to join in this year!  After nap time each day, Christian and Bryleigh each get a chocolate from their calender.  Christian is doing very good at finding the correct number each day! 



I have seen many cute ideas for Advent and next year, I think I want to start this one...

I love the mitten idea.  So cute :) 

I am so excited to be sharing the joy of Christmas and baby Jesus and I love how we can start new traditions each year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment