Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Latest Project

I'm so excited to show you my scripture board that I finished and the hubby hung on the wall today!  I first found the idea from a blogger that I follow Love From Texas.  She is so creative and I just had to make one for our house! 

It is in our entry way and I will see it as I walk out the door for work every morning! It will be a motivator for me to see, and I hope to teach Christian more bible verses.  After I took this picture, I added this verse from Psalm 45:10 "Be Still and know that I am God." 

I also tried a new recipe tonight...Hawaiian Sweet Roll Ham Sandwiches. I thought they were pretty good, although, I would have cut the onion/butter mixture in half as it was a bit too much onion flavor for my taste.  The kids wouldn't eat them though, so next time, I will have to make a "kid friendly" version. I'm struggling so much with this right now as my kids will not eat anything these days unless its pizza, mac and cheese, or chicken nuggets.  I'm hoping this is just a phase...sigh!

Today just so happened to be a day that all school children dream about in the winter, Snow Day!  I think it is very unfair that work doesn't have snow days.  I sure would have liked to stay in my pj's all day and watched Disney movies.  But instead, I had to to leave at 6:30 to get to work by 8am.  It was a very long, scary drive.  I drove 35 mph the entire commute and still several close calls with the ditch.  But the drive home was much better thankfully!  On the flip side,  I've heard that after Friday, we may officially be able to say good bye to winter.  This was definitely my kind of winter,  mild and short!

Dad was outside shoveling tonight after I returned from church, so Christian got out his lantern and we told "camping" stories around the lantern.  Bryleigh was trying so hard to get out a story of her own but it was all gibberish.  A for effort though.  Makes me excited about summer, now if only we can talk daddy into using our tax returns for a travel trailer, I would be one happy girl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment