Saturday, February 11, 2012

Happy Early Valentine's Day

First and foremost, I want to thank you all for the inspiring comments and feedback that I have received for sharing Bryan's Story  It really was a way for me to document our journey, since I always want to have that reminder of how far we have come and what we have to be thankful for!  On those days that I am having a bad day,  I just need to remember where we are at today!  So thanks again for reading, the Lord has truly blessed us and we are so grateful!

On another note,  Bryan and I had an afternoon movie date today to celebrate Valentine's Day!  We saw the movie, "The Vow"I have been wanting to see this movie since I first seen previews so I was very excited that Bryan was willing to take me to see it (He was a little hesitant because he knows my "love" for Channing Tatum. He He)!  The movie put a lot of things in perspective for me, first with the reality that this same situation could have happened to Bryan and also with my experience working with my patients that have traumatic brain injury.  Its so frustrating for both families and patients. I'm very thankful this Valentine's Day that I am not having to try to make my husband fall in love with me all over again :)  It was a very emotional movie though, so now Bryan and I decided that we are going to have to watch a comedy so we can laugh a little!

Bryan also surprised me with this cute little package...


I was so excited to find this inside...

I'm in love with the color "baby blue" so its perfect! My hubby did an awesome job picking out this ring!

Of course, he didn't walk away empty handed either.  Bryan is now the proud owner of 2 Daniel Tosh Comedy Show Tickets.  So come April 20 at 9:30pm, Bryan and I will be in Milwaukee hopefully laughing our butts off!  Its a win-win for me, Bryan gets a present and I benefit too :) I was so excited to surprise him because I know how much loves watching Tosh.O on Comedy Central.


I can't leave out the kiddos from my Valentine's Day post but I do have to share my most recent mommy blooper... 

Now let me explain...I did not intentionally give Christian a fingernail gouge to the nose but it sure looks that way. I was actually zipping up his coat and my hand slipped and my fingernail went right across his nose.  Poor kid, we were doing okay, until he looked in the mirror and saw blood.  Sorry hunny,  I'll try to keep my fingernails to myself next time.

Our little drama queen has been such a handful these days but she looked like a cute little eskimo today when she was wearing my vest. 

Now off to watch another movie but first to let everyone know, if you need an awesome (and unhealthy) recipe to try, the Baked Spaghetti Garlic Bread from Pinterest is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment