Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Stranger Danger

Although, we have briefly had conversations with Christian about strangers and he has brought books home from school about strangers, we have never had a heart to heart talk with him.  Today presented itself a necessary opportunity to have a serious conversation with Christian about strangers after seeing this report in the local newspaper titled,"Reports of Stranger near schools concern officials".  Most concerning was that just last week, I registered Christian to attend Howe school which was one of the schools listed.  This is not something I want to read when sending my baby off to school next year!  

But none the less, we knew it was time for some serious talk.  So after much explaining and using as much kid friendly explanations (without sugar coating it), we were able to identify a "password"  that only mommy, daddy, and Christian know.  So this makes me feel a bit better knowing that we have had the "stranger danger" discussion. This is something that I have been thinking about for some time but didn't know the best way of addressing it.  Hopefully, they catch this creep quickly so my nerves, as well as every other mother in the community, can calm a bit.  I also found this great article from the National Crime Prevention Council on how to talk with kids about strangers.  

On a happier note,  I came home from my day job this afternoon to become a supermodel...



On second thought, I better stick to my day job and leave the supermodel business to this cute little thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment