Monday, February 13, 2012

For my MIL

This post is dedicated to my mother in law! As a lot of people know, I am type A personality.  I have to have everything clean, organized, or just packed away out of sight!  This really shows right after the holiday's. I love to enjoy Christmas and all of the great gifts that we receive, but I like to have every item have a home within days after Christmas.  I feel like I just can't relax unless I do.  Needless to say, I am notorious for getting great gifts and packing them away and although I remember that they are there, it takes me a bit to break them out of the box.  So after many months (and a few questions lately from the mother in law!  he he)  I decided that I wanted to try my new items out.

So first off,  for Christmas I received the Shark Steamer Mop..


I used it for the first time this past weekend and it works great!  It heats up in like 2 minutes which is great for an inpatient person like me and it uses detachable pads that can go in the wash!  I like that I don't need to get out the old fashioned mop and bucket and wait for an hour for the floor to dry.  The floor dries so quick and it really doesn't take that much manpower to get the extra sticky stuff off the floor!  So I give this one an A+. 

Second, for my birthday I received the Babycakes cupcake maker. Tonight we decided to make some cupcakes for Valentine's Day since I plan on making a nice dinner tomorrow!  And I had a bit of a sweet tooth! 






So I love that I am able to make cute little cupcakes in like 5 minutes but on the downside this was my first time making them and I have not yet perfected the cook time yet.  As we were frosting them, I noticed that some were a little soft yet and the inside was not quite cooked through.  It will be tough to determine thought because the toothpicks all came out clean so that is why I thought they were done.  So it will take some perfecting on that part! 

We let the kids frost their own cupcake and they both had theirs eaten in about a minute!  So the kids gave it 2 thumbs up and so do I! 

(Disclaimer:  I know that my mother in law is reading but trust me, I am being honest!  She knows I would tell the truth if it had some quirks about it! )

On another note,  I came home from work to find that Bryan had done the thing that I had been asking him to for about a month now.  The only problem is that he did it while I was at work so he didn't have the nagging wife reminding him how its supposed to be done.  The thing we are talking about here is...



Shaving Christian's head!!!!

The last time we shaved Christian's head was last summer and we all loved it, including Christian.  But with the exception that we used an extension on the clipper last time so he wasn't completely bald.  So since, I wasn't there to remind, Bryan forget and now we have one really bald child.  I know it will grow back and he still looks very cute but I definitely do not like it like this.  

So there is my product review post for the night!  Hope you enjoyed it Lisa!  Love you and now you have proof that I do use the things that you buy me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment