Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Trust in the Lord

You know the saying, "God will not give you more than you can handle."  Our sermon tonight was continuing on the theme of Urban Legends.  I learned quite a few things tonight.  This statement is not true.  Nowhere in the bible does it say that he will not give you more than you can handle, rather it states in 1 Corinthians 10:13...

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. 

So what I really took away from the message tonight, is one must prioritize in life and find what our most important tasks are.  We also need not be afraid to ask for assistance and turn our problems over to God when we are feeling overwhelmed.  There is always a way that God will help us through, it is up to us what path we choose.

I just feel like I hear the above statement often, and although I personally have not felt that I have been given too much to handle, others I know have gone through many obstacles in life and many at one time, so they would feel overwhelmed. 


The message really was shouting at me tonight because this week I have felt so stressed at work. At times, I feel like I am so passive when it comes to delegating tasks and feel the need to get every thing done myself which only adds to the stress level.  I really need to be more assertive and not stretch myself so thin because my all my energy is consumed with work that I am just burnt out when I get home.  I want to be fully present with my kiddos at night and it hard to do that at times.  So my small goal now is to work on this.  Although I know it will take some time because my obsessive compulsive tendencies kick into high gear when it comes to my work.

That being said, even though I know the truth behind the saying, I still like the quote, "I know that God won't give me more than I can handle, I just wish he didn't trust me so much!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment