Thursday, May 3, 2012

Birthday Treat

Bryan informed me on Wednesday evening that he had signed Christian up to bring a birthday treat on Friday.  Christian's birthday is July 9 but they are starting to celebrate the summer birthday's at school so that all the children get a "special" day before the end of the school year. We usually have to buy pre packaged snacks for Christian's class since his school is state regulated, no home cooked snacks are able to be brought it. This is a change from Christian's 3 year old Preschool when I loved to think of creative snacks each month.  So I was so excited when I called this morning to see if "birthday" treats could be an exception to this rule.  Well, lucky for us, it is an exception (only rule is, it has to be wrapped up to take home to eat.)  So.....I was thinking all day on what would be a fun treat, and then my MIL gave me a great idea!

ICE CREAM CUPCAKES...PERFECT!




What's a baking party without a tiny bit of cake batter!!!!



Here is the recipe taken from Bettycrocker.com 

Ingredients:
  • 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® party rainbow chip cake mix
  • Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
  • 24 flat-bottom ice cream cones
  • 1 to 2 containers Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy frosting (I used the rainbow chip frosting
  •  I also used the can of icing so that I could give the cones the "ice cream" look
  • Sprinkles
  • Baking:
    •  Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
    •  Make cake batter as directed on box. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (two-thirds full). Place ice cream cone upside down on batter in each cup.
    • Bake 16 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean (cones may tilt on batter). Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Remove paper baking cups. Generously frost cake with frosting, and decorate as desired. Store loosely covered.  
    And Viola... you have cute, ice cream cone cupcakes! 
     
     Now comes the hard part...trying to figure out how to put them in the cute little treat bags we bought.  I have a feeling that they will not be looking like this when we take them to school tomorrow. But at least we have pictures to prove that they were cute at one time!

    1 comment:

    1. Yummy I really love those also!!! I could eat a whole bowl of cake batter LOL :) Look like you guys had fun!

      ReplyDelete