Friday, May 25, 2012

Here We Go!

I'm like a little kid in a candy shop today! Tonight we head out for our first camping trip in our new travel trailer!  Its been a busy few days with loading up all of the supplies and making many trips to the store to purchase little things we need. But thankfully we will only need to pack/unpack the food and clothes the next time around and all the other necessities can stay in the camper! 

Christian has been so cute.  For the past week he will wake up and tell us the countdown number until our big camping trip!  And I'm pretty sure that I"m just as excited as he is!  I was so anxious and excited that I was a little bummed that we couldn't take off yesterday after I was home from work but we only made reservations for Friday thru Monday.  Now I am happy that we did not since we had quite the gusty winds last night. Thankfully, the tornado watches only resulted in a tiny bit of rain and some thunder but gust of wind up to 60 mph were the worst.. We didn't have any damage but I did a picture of local business with damage to their building sign.  We stopped by Grandma and Grandpa's to see their new camper this morning and to the benefit of Grandma, because the kids picked some tree branches that had fallen in her yard from the winds.


Now Bryleigh is getting a quick nap in and Christian is relaxing for a bit.  The weather is beautiful so I can't wait to enjoy it tonight with a campfire! And S'mores...yum!  Its supposed to rain tomorrow and Monday but you can never really trust those meteorologists so here's to hoping that they are wrong!  I'll be sure to share about our first big camping adventure once we back home and settled in!

1 comment:

  1. HOW FUN! Saying a prayer that you have a safe blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete