Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Trip to the Dentist

Today it was back to reality and I was not quite ready for our fun weekend to be over!  But I have to work to make the money so we can do it all over again (maybe this weekend???) 

After work, Christian had a dentist appointment, his 3rd teeth cleaning. And like usual, he did great!  Only this time, mom and dad had to fork over lots of moola since along with his teeth cleaning, he was due for x-rays, fluoride treatment, and an exam with the dentist (Can you believe that it costs $50 for the dentist to spend 2 minutes looking at your teeth?!?) I'm pretty sure I picked the wrong profession :)  But Christian's teeth look perfect and for that we are very thankful!

 
We brought Bryleigh along to see how she did since its almost that time for her first dentist visit.

Unfortunately, Bryleigh was more about playing with all the fun items than actually sitting and watching. I think it will be a little while before we schedule her first appointment since I'm afraid it would be a waste of money since they would not be able to get her to sit still to even look in her mouth :)

Now for the not so fun part of our dentist visit.  Since Christian was about 3 years old, we have noticed that Christian has had bad breath. We decided to ask the dentist what he feels would be causing this all the time since we could brush Christian's teeth 3 times a day and use mouth wash and it doesn't seem to go away. The good news is that it has nothing to do with his teeth, gums, or tonsils.  But now the big question is, what is causing it?  We have brought it up with his doctor and he contributes it to his eating pattern, or lack there of. Christian has always been a picky eater and will eat when he wants to. Well, now that we are heading into the Kindergarten years, I'm afraid of Christian getting teased or picked on. So now I have made a doctor appointment scheduled to try again to find an answer. The dentist had me a little worried when he said if it was not a gastrointestinal problem then it could be a number of things such as a lung issue, diabetes, among other things. So call me a worried parent about something so minor, but I just feel like I want to know what would cause this. Anyone else have this issue with their children?

Another exciting thing about this week, tomorrow is already Wednesday!!!! And Christian has his first T-Ball practice of the year tomorrow!  Go Brewers!

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry Kallie I am sure it is something simple. I know that is a lot easier said than done. Well I will pray they figure it out and it's no big deal. T-ball how fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From my point of view trip to dentist is easy. It is invites some pain if you had decay in your teeth, otherwise you have no problem.

      Shining Smiles

      Delete