Saturday, March 31, 2012

Our New Purchase

This morning has been very laid back.  I had a conference call this morning with my graduate school adviser, which went amazingly well!  I feel almost relieved since talking with her.  I have been stressing over how I will manage my time with work, school, and family and my adviser really put me at ease on how well the professors really are at understanding life commitments.  I'm sure my fears are of the "unknown" but the call this morning really helped to calm the nerves a bit! After my call, I attempted to be creative and make "octopus" for the kids for lunch as I had seen on Pinterest several weeks ago.

Well my attempt was a fail and the kids did not find the hot dogs more interesting to eat. But at least I can say that I tried, right?


Yesterday was quite chaotic as I usually have Friday's off but I had a work conference and Bryan was helping our friends move. So the kids spent the day with the great grandparents and Bryan was able to get a lot accomplished. INCLUDING... finishing up the details on our new purchase....a 2005 Jayco 29 Foot Travel Trailer.  We are so thrilled!  After several years of camper shopping, we have finally made the big purchase!  We will be doing lots of camping this summer.

 Unfortunately I do not have any pictures because it was so chaotic yesterday with having to inspect the camper, negotiate the price, go to the bank, and sign all the papers. But we got it all done and now they will clean it all up, replace a seal, and we will pick it up in a couple of weeks.  I'm sure I'll go over there soon to take another walk though since I have only seen it once.  We had stopped by on Thursday evening since it was the Spring Open House and checked out several trailers but they were either 1)not what we wanted or 2)out of our price range.  So we were about to head out when we checked out the last one and it was the best one we had seen in years.  It feels so "homey" and it has only had 1 owner who kept it immaculate!The kids will finally have the bunk beds that we have been trying to find!

Pictures will be sure to follow soon but in the meantime, here are some pictures I pulled from online of the same layout as ours...


 The main living area...

If you walk up the steps in the above picture and turn to the left, there are 2 bunk beds (below) which will work great for the kids!  Bryleigh will even be able to sleep in the bottom bunk as it is floor level!


The "Master" Suite.... (Okay, that's a  little exaggerated!)
The bathroom is between the "Master" Suite and the main living area...

So there you have it,  a little tour! Now I will not have to be so picky when we go camping.  My campground necessity checklist will not longer have to include: a flushable toilet and clean showers :)

2 comments:

  1. SO exciting!! Pineland Park in Wild Rose, WI!!! A family favorite & my parents also have a seasonal site there! Also, Smokey Hollow in Lodi, WI is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing! We have wanted one for years also, but it has always fallen through. I am so happy for you guys....HAPPY CAMPING!

    ReplyDelete