Monday, March 12, 2012

My Humble Little Abode AKA my Office

Although, not every day to I feel like going to work,  I do enjoy my job on most days. My job as a social worker on a psychiatric unit is never boring.  It is a fast paced, interesting, very challenging position, but this is what makes it fun.  There is never a dull moment and humor is the only way to get through the day. And I'm pretty good at laughing things off on most days. Although I cannot share much about my job/unit in pictures due to confidentiality, I am able to share where I spend a lot of my time doing the oh so fun, paperwork that comes along with being a social work.

In the 1 1/2 years that I have resided at this job, I have held 3 different offices.  All right next to each other and none that I have ever had a complaint about. My first office was perfect because it did not have windows which at the time, this Momma was breastfeeding and definitely needed privacy to provide for my wee one at home.  My first office was my home for almost a year.  My second office was perfect in that I was able to have it painted to my liking due to my being "forced" out of my first office due to Internet hook up.  So my second office, still had no windows but it was still spacious and a place that was inviting.  This second office was my home from about 2 months when I was "promoted" to a window office, every office worker's dream :)  So now I am able to show you the place I call "my work space" at least for the 24 hours a week that I reside there.




I am able to look out my office and see the sun shining and I love it. Although, sometimes this can be a distraction when I am daydreaming of the many other things I could be doing outside, instead of working! I love my brightly lit office but I do still keep my lamps on because I hate the depressing office lighting. 

So there you have it, my humble little abode which is my work area away from home!

No comments:

Post a Comment