Saturday, March 17, 2012

Our 5th Anniversary

Today, Bryan and I celebrate our 5 year anniversary!  I can't believe we have been married for this long already.  I can still so clearly remember our wedding night, a St. Patrick's Day that I will never forget! 

It's amazing to think at how far we have come in the past 5 year! Marriage has been a mix of ups and downs, but I love that Bryan and I have learned to work so well together as a couple, as well as a team, to parent our 2 beautiful kids!  Marriage has been one of compromise, understanding, and commitment!  In no way has it been easy, and to say that we were "overjoyed newlyweds" would be false.  We started our marriage with many stressors within the first year including:  Coping with Bryan's Illness, buying our first home, and welcoming our first child, Christian.  It was a lot of changes and it took a lot of working together and understanding to keep our marriage strong!  I feel extremely blessed with our current relationship and I can honestly say that I feel like a "newlywed" now more than I did 5 years ago.  We know each others quirks and pet peeves and now we can just work on being a family!

As we said our "I do's" 5 years ago today, I did not truly know the extent of what our life would soon entail and now looking back.  we have truly made the most of our vows!


I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad...(We have definitely experienced both good and bad.)

  In sickness and in health... (Bryan's sickness has been a struggle.)
 For richer or for poorer... (We have been poor at times.)
 And I will love you and honor you all the days of my life. 

I'm so blessed with what we have overcome and have still made it through!  Though hard at times, I vow to never stop trying to be the best wife and mother that I can be! 
And as I remember our first dance to "This I Swear" by Nick Lachey...the lyrics ring true.

You're there by my side
Everywhere
I know that you will not forsake me
I give you my life
Would not think twice
Your love is all I need, believe me

I may not say it quite as much as I should

But when I say I love you darlin' that means for good
So open up your heart and let me in

And I will love you, till forever

Until death do us part we'll be together
So take my hand, and hold on tight
And we'll get there
And this I swear

I'm wonderin' how

I ever got by
Without you in my life to guide me
Wherever I go
The one thing that's true
Is everything I do I do for you

I may not say it half as much as I should

When I say I love you darlin' that means for good
So open up your heart and let me in

And I will love you, till forever

Until death do us part we'll be together
So take my hand, and hold on tight
And we'll get there
This I swear

So whenever you get free

Just reach out for me
I'll never let you down, my love

And I will love you, until forever

Until death do us part we'll be together
So take my hand, and hold on tight
We'll get there

And I will love you, until forever

Until death do us part we'll be together
So take my hand, and hold on tight
And we'll get there, ooh we'll get there
This I swear

I have a wonderful husband that even loves me when I do selfish things :) (Like feed myself cake at our reception....but on my behalf, I had a hungry baby growing inside of me!)
I look forward to what the rest of our life together may bring!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, you guys are so cute. I love your wedding pics!!! I also have good news.... it's all up hill from here. Seriously after the five year mark everything got so much easier. Happy Anniversary, Saying a prayer for many more years of marital bliss!!!!!

    ReplyDelete