Friday, March 9, 2012

Blah...

"Blah" basically sums up how I have been feeling these days. As you may recall, I blogged about a decision I was pondering back in February when I had some issues with my birth control method.  Since then, I have had the Mirena removed and am not back on the good old, once a day, get your monthly friend every month, pill!  And once again, another method has failed me. Since starting the ole pill 2 weeks ago, I have like a whole new person, and not a good one.  I am crabby, irritable, sad, tired and just a completely different me. And I am not liking it one bit. The hubby thinks I'm having a mid life crisis or something and I just feel horrible.  Its a helpless feeling knowing I am like this and I can't do anything about. Needless to say,  I have a call in to my doctor to find out if I need to change something or if this is my body's way of responding to some new hormones I'm not used to.  Ugggg... so yes, blah, accurately describes my current situation.

But life goes on and I can't help enjoy the fun things that are going on.  Like Christian's class field trip to the dentist today...




Christian just loves to raise his hand these days. And not just when a question is asked, it is all the time.  I think he enjoys the challenge to see if the teacher will call on him.  Then when he gets called on, he has to think of a question to ask.  Its rather cute, I think :)

Christian was the first of his classmates to get to take a "ride" in the dentist chair! 


The dental hygienist was so sweet!  This picture accurately describes Christian asking, "Is chocolate milk healthy?"  Where the hygienist proceeds to look at me inquiring about what we have informed Christian about chocolate milk. So she says, "Chocolate milk is healthy if you only drink it once in a while."  Where I proceed to say, "See Christian, this is why you only get chocolate milk on special occasions like going out to eat!"  Phewww, almost blew the cover on that one!  Good thing, because from the look on the hygienist face was that chocolate milk is probably fine to drink!   But I like to stick to white milk in this house :)

My mom also picked up these cute clothes for the kids this week!  Funny story is that she bought Christian a 4T because she thought the 5T looked a little big.  Well not only was the 4T also way too big, so was the 3T, so we had to exchange his cute swim trucks for a 2T!  Isn't this crazy?  I know that Carters runs big but holy cow!  But he looks so handsome in his new shorts!


And the start of Bryleigh's summer wardrobe.  We have lots more to go because unfortunately, I do not have a stock pile put away for either of the kids so its looking like we will be doing lots of shopping when we head to Mall of America in a couple weeks! 
The kids were both very silly in the bath tonight!  I have to take advantage of the kids taking baths together now because I think we are getting to the age where we will have to start separate baths.  For lack of better explanation, let's just say that they are both getting pretty curious about the difference between boys/girls.  Good thing, I'm always there to redirect the children! 

I'm smelling one of my favorite dinners as I type....Chicken Garlic Pizza from Papa Murphy, so I think we will go eat now and finish the night with some movies here at home, because I wanted to spare the in-laws from my dreadful mood on this Friday night! Ha ha

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kallie, Cute Blog! I saw you on my follow button. I hate birth control! Made me crazyyyy! We have been using natural family planing for years. We know that it will probably lead to a large family...I want one anyway. I love your header photo and the supper cute photo of your sweet girl in her tutu! Thanks for visiting me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tesha for visiting and for the sweet comment. I found your blog through Suyl at Kelly's Corner. You are such an inspiration in how you are able to lift others up even through your own grief. I'm sorry for your recent loss but you have one beautiful family. I will continue to lift you up in my prayers as you find meaning in your difficult time.

    ReplyDelete