Sunday, December 2, 2012

Holiday Preparations

We have had a busy day which started out great when our elf, Buddy, greeted us this morning...


The kids were so excited to find Buddy!  It took us a little while to think of a name for our elf. But Buddy was the clear winner since we all love the move "Elf."  Christian on the other hand, is just too smart for his own good.  He had so many questions about the elf.  "Why isn't he blinking if he is real?"  "How did he get in the closet by himself?" "He can't really see when I do something wrong, can he?"  It was non stop questions for like 30 minutes.  I kid you not! lol

The kids refused to take naps today but even so, I was able to get lots accomplished.  I worked on my paper for school, I made my favorite Great Grandfather's rice recipe which takes 2 hours of constant stirring to make.  Its basically a very sweet rice desert but we love it, it is probably a good thing that it takes so long to make so we only make it once in a great while!

 I was even able to get Christian's Christmas presents for his classmates completed. But I have to thank my hubby for all of his help. We spent several hours this afternoon putting together lots of Rudolph's.  It was such a blessing that he was there to help.  My easy project, or so I thought, turned into a 2 hour job and it would have been even longer if I had done them all myself  .


They turned out so cute.  I hope Christian's classmates enjoy them as much as we do :)

I was also able to whip up some bows and I would love to share but since I know that my sister reads my blog, and they are Christmas presents for my nieces, I have to keep them a secret for now.  But I can say that they turned out very cute :)

Now its off to pay a few bills for me and then I'm headed to bed.  Its been a long but productive day!




No comments:

Post a Comment