Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sports Mania

Our past 4 days have been nothing but sports! Christian finished off Vacation Bible School on Thursday learning about God's shoes of peace by participating in Soccer Camp!  By Thursday night, the kids were very rambunctious and it was very hard to keep their attention but it wasn't without attempt!

Until next year VBS, it was fun but I'm ready for a rest :)

On Friday, the family talked me into going to the races at Golden Sands Speedway!  I have to admit that this took a lot because I'm not a fan of racing and I can think of a million other things that I would rather be doing!  This was Bryleigh's first time at the races and Christian has only been there a handful of other times.  So of no surprise to us,  Bryleigh loved them and when I tried to cover up her ears so that it wasn't too loud, she felt the need to do it herself but that only lasted for several minutes because she loved it and didn't feel it was too loud :)  Christian on the other hand, needed to have ear plugs which isn't a surprise because he doesn't like fireworks either. 
Hanging on Grandpa as usual!





We got home pretty late and headed to bed because on Saturday, we had a Christian day planned.  Bryan and I were discussing how we have never had a day just to spend with Christan alone since Bryleigh has been born (Sad..I know), so we decided to take Christian to Green Bay Packers Family Night at Lambeau Field.  We have had him excited for over a week for this and my mom, bless her heart, watched Bryleigh overnight for us!  So we left home around 2 yesterday and stopped in Waupaca with Bryan's uncle, aunt, and cousin for some pizza.  We arrived at Lambeau and Christian kept chanting, "Go Pack Go."  He is just the cutest. 











These young All Star Cheerleaders were amazing :)

Christian loved this after the National Anthem!


I kept telling Bryan that the weather was so beautiful and that I would go to Packer games all the time if the weather was like this and not -10 degrees below zero. And I spoke too soon because about 10 minutes into practice, they announced over the loudspeaker that everyone had to get into the concourse because there was a big storm coming and they expected it to pass in about 45 minutes. 




This was at around 7:30 and we were still waiting out the storm at 9:00pm when they announced that it was safe to return to your seats.  Safe but not nice, because although it wasn't lighting, it was still pouring like crazy.  So even though it was still pouring, they started the fireworks show and Bryan took Christian out to see them. I did hear that the fireworks show was fantastic so I'm glad we stayed.  Although I did realize 2 things last night,  I am a Packer Fan but just not a die hard fan because I am not willing to go out in any weather to watch, and I think we traumatized Christian because he informed us that he doesn't want to come to another Packer Game because of the fireworks.  So apparently he still doesn't like fireworks :( 

So our attempt at an amazing day with Christian did not turn out like we had expected, but we still had fun and I think Christian enjoyed himself too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment