Monday, August 8, 2011

Excitement is in the Air

I have so many fun things to blog about but I just can't reveal them all!  I wish I could but its just not my place to do so!  So for starters, Bryan and I were excited to have our my best friend, Jenna and her boyfriend, Andy, their kids over for several hours last night!  I love Carson and Landon to death,  they are just the cutest!  I can't believe how much Landon is a Daddy's boy :)  Bryan and I would ask him to play and he would say, "No, I'll just wait right here because my Dad is going to be here in a minute!" They were so easy to watch and they entertained Christian and Bryleigh! 

Carson

Landon

Bryleigh

Christian

All playing Ball

Freezie Time!


And Bryan even took them on rides behind the bike!  It was a great couple of hours and we would be happy to watch them again anytime!  And I know Jenna and Andy had a great night out :)  Lots of exciting things happening in the near future! 

And today, I was so excited because we are talking about going back to Mexico in the spring and I think we have Jenna and Andy talked into coming with us!  We will have a blast and I can't wait to go back! 

Lastly, I have been talking about wanting to go back to Graduate School for ever now and have applied many times to no avail because of my lack of work experience past my undergrad.  But since I haven't applied in several years and have gained more experience and I have a good friend who knows professors at the college I want to attend,  I will be applying to attend next fall! I can't wait to get my Master's Degree in Social Work.  I didn't know how I was going to be able to manage but I am going to go part time and still keep my part time job.  I will have to commute to Appleton (1 hour and 15 minutes away), but only 2 nights/week.  So in 4 years, I would have my MSW. The deciding factor was when I checked into my VA Benefits today and found out that my tuition would be waived and I would received Chapter 35 benefits or in other words, they would give me a cost of living check every month (which I had thought only applied to full time students, which I am not able to manage right now. They give a prorated amount to part time students)!  I couldn't be more excited so now we will just see how things go come November when I have to start applying!

Now its time for me to go have my snack for the night :)  Yummy, fruit pizza that I just made! 

No comments:

Post a Comment