Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sledding

We had nothing planned for this weekend and we knew we wanted to do something fun for the kids so we decided to take the kids to Iverson Park in Stevens Point to go sledding for the first time this year.  And also, this is the first time that Bryleigh has ever been sledding!  Grandma, Grandpa, Tasha, and Kayla joined us! 

The kids just can't get enough of Grandma and Grandpa these days!

          


I even took a couple rides down the hill until I almost lost control of the sled a few times and was afraid I was going to tip over and hurt one of the kids.  I'm not very good at steering those sleds!







Iverson Park also has Toboggan slides which I have never seen or tired before.  We rented a toboggan for the kids to try it out and they loved it.  Me,  not so much,  I felt like I was going to fall off the back of the Toboggan because there was nothing to hold on to.  I let Grandpa, dad, and the girls enjoy this ride with the kids! 




This was the start of Bryleigh getting crabby!  She wanted to go on the Toboggan but it wasn't her turn.  So she had a temper tantrum and we enjoyed the show!  He He

There is also an ice skating rink at the park.  Although we didn't have ice skates, we did take advantage of using it for some other fun...


We were pretty daring and let Bryleigh skip her nap for the day and she did pretty well.  She got a little crabby towards the later afternoon, as you can see above, but she took a little cat nap in the car on the way to dinner and then we were good to go!


I'm glad we took the day to go play in the snow, and surprisingly, I dressed warm enough so I didn't get cold, which is rare for me!  We will be doing this again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment