Friday, January 6, 2012

Proud Mommy Moment

This girl here...

peed on that potty today for the very first time!  I'm one proud mommy!  She has been showing some interest in the potty for several months but it is always just to "flush"  the potty and never has gone. But I decided to get the tiny potty out today and the next thing I know, she whipped off her pants and diaper and sat on there and peed!  I don't even know if she knew she was going, but whatever the case, we certainly did the "potty dance"  and she received a sticker and 1 m&m!  Maybe this is just a 1 time event but here's to hoping that we are finally into potty training time and one step closer to no diapers in this household! 

Other than this exciting moment,  we have been pretty laid back this week trying to get back into the swing of things after Christmas.  I do enjoy the hustle and bustle of the holiday season and January is always a blah month for me!  I dread taking down Christmas decorations because I love the coziness of Christmas tree and lights at night time and when I wake up at 5 in the morning.  But I made myself take down the decorations last weekend in preparation for needing to finish packing this weekend before our trip on Friday! 

I came home from work the other day to find the kids helping daddy shovel!  I love that Bryan will take the kids outside because I absolutely hate being cold so I feel kind of like a bad parent in the winter because the kids never really go outside unless Bryan takes them.  There has been a few occasions where I joined them but it is few and far between :)


But due to our weird weather pattern this year, by the next day it was almost 50 degrees out and the little snow that we did have melted away!  But here is the sunset the other night that was breathtaking...

Today I did some running around while Christian was at school and Bryleigh and I  picked up this beauty from from the Candy Bouquet shop in town...


This was for a friend who needed a little "pick me up"  so I hope this helped!  It sure looked fun!  Now for a busy weekend of packing for the kids and definitely some fun kid time this weekend because I'm sure going to miss the kids when we are in Mexico! 

No comments:

Post a Comment