Thursday, January 26, 2012

New Recipe and Cool Treats

We had a very lazy afternoon... I was done with work and home by 1:30pm today.  Since I got home just as Bryan was laying Bryleigh down for her nap (Christian no longer takes naps but rather lays on the couch for "quiet time"), I decided I would take a short nap too.  Well, 2 hours later, we all finally woke up.  I was exhausted this first week back after vacation. It took me a week to get used to sleeping in until 8:30am so coming back to start waking up at 5am is really taking its toll on me.  I"m sure next week will be a lot easier because I will be back on track.

Quiet Time for Christian
I have been lacking in the cooking department this week but we finally did do some grocery shopping yesterday before church so we at least had food in the house today :)  I have been pinning quite a few recipes to try out on Pinterest so I decided to try one tonight!  I tried Pan-Roasted Chicken with Lemon-Garlic Green Beans if anyone is interested in trying it. We all thought it was very good but I think it could have used less lemon because the green beans soaked up all of the lemon and they were quite bitter,  but the potatoes and chicken were very good.  I'm not a very good cook, especially at knowing how to spice up recipes so if anyone has any suggestions for me to give it a bit more flavor, that would be great.

Here is my dinner cooking in progress...




I didn't get a finished picture because you take the chicken out and finish cooking the veggies for 10 minutes longer!  But overall, I thought it was a success!

After dinner, the kids got their baths...

Our usual after bath routine includes sitting by the heater to get warm before getting lotioned up before pajama time!  What can I say, the kids love to be warm like their mother!

After dinner,  we made Blizzards for the kids...



And mom and dad got smoothies... They were pretty good considering I threw some things together to use up some stuff in the fridge and freezer including yogurt, juice, frozen yogurt, and fruit!

Now tonight, we rented some movies to watch and then we have to head to bed because Christian's "Circus"  Program is at school tomorrow and Christian is so excited for his acrobat act with daddy!  He has been looking forward to this for the past month and I'm excited also because I happen to be the Parent Helper at school and what could be more perfect for the class treat then Barnum's Animal Crackers! 


These bring back so many memories from when I was a kid!  I loved these cookies, (it was probably more the box they came in), but I"m sure the kids will like them also!  I'll be sure to let you everyone know how the much fun the Circus is after tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment