Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fun in the Sun

We're back from our Riviera Maya, Mexico vacation and it was just as relaxing and fun as I had expected it to be!  Lots of sun, sand, food, relaxation, and fun! We stayed at the Grand Palladium Resort and it was a huge resort.  Lots of walking to restaurants and entertainment!  It was 3 different resorts in 1 but we could use all of the amenities in every resort!  We were upgraded to a Junior Suite but I have to say that I was a little sad that we didn't have an ocean view room!  Its always amazing to wake up in the morning and walk out the patio to the sunrise!  Definitely a must have for next time!  We had some issues with the resort and probably wouldn't go back to that resort but overall we had a great time! 








 We were excited that we were able to share in our friends Honeymoon celebration and it was definitely a lot of fun to have another couple to do things with!  This time around we did a lot of sitting by the pool and enjoying the night life and did not do any excursions.  Although we did do the Segway tour at the resort and it was cheap entertainment and probably the most fun that we had in awhile!

The weather was beautiful!  Except for the 2nd day that we were there and it rained all day, it was beautiful the rest of the week.  The pool water was pretty chilly but after heating up in the sun, it felt nice to take a swim!  I was also not so much of a nervous wreck this time around as I was leaving the kids last April when we went to Mexico.  We were able to google video chat with the kids every night and that made being away from them a lot easier! 
 We saw several shows one which was a pop show which had the dancers doing popular music videos another was a Mexican show which showed Traditional Mexican culture dancing and also a man lassoing a horse for like 5 minutes!  They were both really fun to watch!
 We ate lots of great food which included lot of buffets and also Brazilian, Steakhouse, Chinese, Japanese, Italian, and Seafood!  My favorite was the breakfast buffet!  I know, laugh it up, but I'm a breakfast girl so this made my mornings...and the coffee was great! 
 We also spent a night on the town in Playa Del Carmen and of course had to stop by Senior Frogs and have a drink!  Its definitely a lot less scary than I had expected. I was very nervous to leave the resort but I couldn't believe how many tourists were down town so I felt a lot safer! 
 We ended our vacation with a BBQ on the beach.  It was a neat experience eating dinner with your feet in the sand!  Definitely a great way to end our fun week!  

 We flew in late last night and we headed home and picked the kids up!  We missed them so much, and couldn't wait to hug them and squeeze them!  Now today we are trying to get back into a routine and we are waiting for our luggage to be delivered because they lost our luggage somewhere between our plane transfer in Chicago to Appleton. So hopefully we will be getting that today so I can start on laundry.  And tomorrow it back to reality!  I am definitely a relaxed, refreshed person right now and love that I am more patient! 

No comments:

Post a Comment