Sunday, November 27, 2011

The new Mr. and Mrs. Wallin

What an amazing weekend we had being able to share in my best friend's wedding!  Jenna was definitely the most beautiful bride!  I informed everyone that I have never cried at a wedding but this was one that brought tears to my eyes as she was walking down the isle!


 Jenna and I have been friend's for ever.  We grew up together and would hang out occasionally in grade school and high school but it was right after we graduated when Jenna and I became close friends.  It was at her house that Bryan and I had our first kiss and I'm pretty sure that she invited us both over knowing the end result would be that Bryan and I would become a couple!  And I thank her for that.  Jenna was there for our special wedding day and I'm so happy that I was able to be apart of her special day!  Jenna has been there for Bryan and I through our up's and down's and I always remember her telling me, " I was there when you said I do, for better or worse, so you are in this forever."  And when Jenna calls me to vent through the up's and down's of marriage (which is guaranteed to eventually happen), I, too, will be prepared to remind Jenna that I was there for her special day and its for better or worse."

Bryleigh was the flower girl and although we feared for the worst since the ceremony was right in the middle of nap time, she did great!  Although the teddy graham bribery tactic didn't work as well as planed because in order to avoid a major meltdown, she carried her little ziplock bag full of crackers down the isle instead of holding Landon and Carson's hands!  It was cute and everyone laughed so no big deal!


My mom was such a saint this weekend for watching the kids for us!  She took Christian and Bryleigh back to our house for a nap while Bryan and I went limo cruising until the reception.  The dinner, cake, flowers, venue, were all beautiful!  I caught myself thinking several times, "I wish I could go back and re plan our wedding!" I even danced at the wedding, and if you know me, you know that I do not dance!  I was even able to stay awake til almost 2am both Friday and Saturday nights, which was nothing compared to the rest of the wedding party who finally hit the pillow at 4am. Boy, am I getting old!  I'm sure hurting for that today though! 
Tasha, Maid of Honor
Tasha and her hubby, Nate
Lesley and I
I only have a few photos because as I pulled out my camera (as I usually do for everything)  Jenna informed me, "That is why we have a photographer, Kallie!"  So I had to listen to the bride and only snuck a couple photos here and there.  I can't wait to see how the professional pictures turned out because they sure took some cute ones!  Christian looked like a little stud muffin also but I don't have any pictures on my camera which I am bummed about! I will definitely be hunting down the people that I know took pictures! 




Although Jenna and Andy came across lots of stress in the planning, everything turned out amazing!  I'm so happy for them and I wish them a lifetime of happiness!


Thanks for letting us share your special day! Can't wait to our Mexico trip with the newlyweds!

No comments:

Post a Comment