Monday, November 14, 2011

Busy Weekend

We had a very eventful weekend to say the least!  On Friday, we stayed home and had a family movie night!  We watched "Transformers" with Christian and then Bryan and I watched "The Change Up" after the kids went to bed!  Not much exciting to say that we did on 11-11-11!  It does remind me of when Christian was born because Bryan and I had joked that Christian should be born on 07-07-07 so that Bryan could easily remember the date but since it was a Saturday and they do not do inductions on weekends, we now have a 07-09-07 baby!  But Christian's sweet friend, Arianna, was born on 07-07-07! 

On Saturday, Bryan and his dad worked on our living room wall again.  It definitely has become a long project and one that we didn't realize would be so much work!  But its almost completed and I'm so excited.  So as a thank you to the inlaws for the help, we took them to dinner at The Branding Iron Supper Club.




I also tried my first Martini!  It was apple and to be honest, I was not a fan!  I'll stick to my fruity drinks :)


I had a girl's day (plus Christian) on Sunday with my mom!  We went to Appleton to get a little more Christmas shopping done!  And I have to say, the day will go down in the top 10 most stressful days!  Bryleigh was having a rough day and she screamed/cried/whined ALL DAY LONG!  It was so frustrating and it took every ounce of me to have patience!  I'm not sure why she was so out of sorts!  Hopefully we don't see that side of Bryleigh come out again anytime soon!  And to say I was excited to head home would be an understatement UNTIL we got a flat tire half way home.  (This is where I insert Bryan's statement of "I will learn do pigtails for Bryleigh when you learn to change a flat tire!) This would have been the best time to have known this skill!  So we had to wait for 45 minutes for my dad to come and meet up with us on the interstate to change it!  Thankfully, Bryleigh did not do too bad for having to sit there that long! 

The poor kids were so hungry and tired when we got home!  This will be the last of our shopping trips for a while! But on a positive note,  I found some very cute pictures from Kirkland's for our almost complete living room!  I can't wait to show the finished product when its done!

Lastly,  I'm proud to announce that Christian has learning to zip his coat all by himself this weekend!  Thanks Daddy for making our life easier and for teaching him because he sure is proud of himself now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment