Saturday, November 5, 2011

Extreme Coupon Fail

I became overly excited this past week when I was watching an episode of "Extreme Couponing" on TLC and realized how much these couponers save.  So I decided that I needed to attempt to start using some coupons, and then I saw a commercial that our local Copps was having a special today that they will "Double up to 10 manufacturer coupons."  So this would seem like the realistic day to start my attempt at using coupons. 

Since we do not buy the local newspaper (Its free to read the newspaper online), I don't get coupons that way.  I was able to find some decent coupons on coupon.com.  So I printed some, and had several that I had gotten from my Cosmo Magazine and wondered over to Copps. 

I was not going to be doing a grocery shopping trip so I just picked out my 10 big ticket items to use with my coupons and went to check out.  So when I heard the total of $84.00, I was shocked.  I questioned their double coupon day and the cashier proceeded to inform me that they "double coupons only up to $1."  By this point, I was very annoyed because there was no mention of this on any signs or adds for the promotion. So I became the annoying shopper that had her void out the majority of my items till my tab was down to $10.00. 

Needless to day, my extreme couponing trip was a fail. So I think I will stick to my regular store brand product purchases and avoid the coupons unless I come across some really good ones! 

I was very bummed that I couldn't double my $7 off of Crest Whiting Strips and my $4 off of the Swiffer Wet Jet :( 

But to conclude with some cute pictures of my princess wearing my favorite winter look...Dresses, Knit Tights, and Boots.




Its so funny when Christian goes to school,  Bryleigh doesn't know what to do with herself.  So the bear became her "fill in Christian"  for the morning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment