Saturday, January 8, 2011

Busy Busy

It has very busy around here the past couple of days. First, my niece, Phoenix, is in the hospital once again.  For those of you that don't know, she was born with Tracheal Esophageal Fistula (Spelling?) which can be described as her esophagus was not connected to her stomach so when she first tried to eat after birth, she choked and aspirated because the milk had no where to go.  She did have surgery when she was 24 hours old to correct this problem but along came other problems that were found. Just to name a few Neuroblastoma, possible heart murmur, and many eating and throat problems.  On Friday morning, Little Phoenix woke up covered in dried blood in her crib so they decided they wanted to admit her to the hospital because this happened back in April and she ended up having Pneumonia but they also are not really sure what is causing her to cough up blood.  So I was in Marshfield anyways, so after work I went up to be with my sister and mom. 

As of today, Phoenix is still in the hospital but might be discharged today.  They have been running many tests and so far have ruled out RSV and Influenza.  They will have to do a test where they put a camera scope down her through to see if there is scar tissue or what not but are not able to do this while she is coughing so hard so they will do this in a couple of weeks.  So I just keep receiving updates from my sister but no definite cause has been determined.  I hope they find something out soon.  Prayers would be greatly appreciated.  Its so hard to see kids/babies in the hospital when they have IVs in their arm.

We did end up going to eat with my in laws to El Mezcal last night. Then we went back and watched Despicable Me and then we came home and put the kids to bed and Bryan and I watched Case 39.  This was a very weird but good movie.  Today will be going to Appleton for my brother and sister in law's going away party so it should be a fun time! 

Here is Christian and Bryleigh in their matching Adidas outfits!  Bryan thinks I really need to stop matching the kids but I love it :)

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment