Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome 2013

Each year I set goals for myself to accomplish and at the beginning of the following year I like to look back to see what I have accomplished.  So in 2012 I had hoped to:

1.Bible Study every day.  ( I have not faithfully studied the bible like I had hoped this year. I feel that I have done well with involving the kids in church more with Christian now going to weekday bible school and Bryleigh coming to church with me weekly but I have slipped on my own personal Jesus time. My personal excuses have been the excessive amount of readings I already have to do for school but I cannot keep using this as an excuse. My new goal will be bible study at least once per week with hopefully more.)

2. Donate more to charity.  ( This year we sponsored our Compassion child, Manuel!)

3.Work on my patience.  (This always needs critiquing.)

4. Start Graduate school in the fall and hopefully study hard enough to pass several of my exemption exam.  (Well I did start school after much anticipation for much of the first 6 months of 2012 and it is going well...stressful, but well!  But the exemption exams did not go so well :(

5.Save up for a travel trailer so that we can do more camping this summer.  (Success...we brought our travel trailer and we did lots and lots of camping with more to come this next summer.)

6. Make time to have at least 1 date night per month with the hubby.  ( Bryan and I don't find time to ourselves as much as we would like but our yearly vacation to Mexico is just what we need so come March, we will be back on the beach!)

New Goals for 2013:

7. Work on my time management...which will be a must since I will start my field placement for school along with longer school hours on Saturday's and my work schedule.

8.Start using a reward system chart so that the children can start earning rewards for helping out around the house

9.Work on my cooking skills

10. Spend more quality time with my sister and nieces.

I'm excited to see what 2013 has in store for us. But as for the end of 2012, we rang in the new year with some great friends...





 
Ice Cream sundae's anyone???






Happy New Year Everyone! 

For I know the plans I have for you, "declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.---Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment