Sunday, January 6, 2013

Productive Weekend

I had high hopes to spend the majority of my weekend studying for my upcoming exam. But after having our friends over for dinner on Friday night and talking lots about home decor and paint colors, I got the bright idea to paint our living room and hallway instead.  It seems as if I am spontaneous at all the wrong times.  So although I have been wanting to repaint since I painted the last night due to the colors not looking like they should with our lighting, I have been putting it off for years. So I figured if I didn't just jump in and do it, I would never do it.

So my Saturday was spent painting the first coat in our living room followed by a birthday celebration for our foster sister, Katie...




Daddy went to the Packer game so it was just me and the kiddo's for the night!  It was nice to spent the night with just us!

Today, Bryan helped me with the second coat in the living room and we also finished the hallway.  Although the colors are only shades different, it makes such a difference.  And I'm loving that the hallway and living are now the same color so it follows better.  Next up is finding an organized way to make our picture wall in the hallway...thank you Pinterest for all the ideas :)

We finished up all the paining and still had time to go sledding....










I am always so afraid to take Bryleigh sledding since she is so tiny and I worry she will fly off the sled or we will crash.  Sledding takes on a whole new meaning when you are responsible for little ones on the sled as well. But my hopes of protecting my baby were thrown out the window when she was going down on the sled by herself within an hour.  And she did AMAZING!  This girl has no fear and even a tumble off the sled still did not instill fear in her. And then there is Christian who was afraid to go down the hill.  Complete opposites, I tell ya!

We ended the night putting the living room back together and sipping on hot chocolate.  Definitely a productive weekend, and the fastest I have ever painted two rooms and put them back together!
Before...more of a creme (blah color)

After...tan color
The pictures of the new color just don't do justice.  It makes the room feel "warmer."

1 comment:

  1. Oh no I can tell I love the color! Painting is on our to do list also. New paint makes everything look cleaner! Sledding looks like so much fun! We are going to Big Bear (where it snows) soon! Hope you find some time to study :)

    ReplyDelete