Saturday, November 24, 2012

Tis the Season

After much, much, much encouragement and a little bit of nagging, Bryan let us go pick our our Christmas tree today.  I LOVE Christmas and it is never too early to put up our tree (in my mind at least.)  Each year, Bryan and I debate this matter as he feels that we should wait til the beginning of December, but it seems as if each year I can use the pouty look and get my way :)

So after I returned home from school today, we went to go pick out our tree. This is a first for us because we have never had a real tree since we have been together.  When we moved into our first apartment, we were given an artificial tree from my Grandma.  We always had the intention of getting a real tree but then we had Christian and then we had Bryleigh and each year we felt that the kids would try to eat the needles.  So we always said that when the kids are old enough to not put everything in their mouths, then we would get our first real tree.  And that time has come :)

I"m loving the pine tree smell that we have through our house right now!  Since Bryan and I both grew up having real trees, we sure have missed this.

We decided to cut our own tree! I love that we can start our own traditions with the kids!



Bryleigh really wanted this Charlie Brown tree!  




Now that we have it all set up in the house.  We will have to start decorating tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment