Thursday, June 21, 2012

Moving on Up!

Today we had our social services monthly meeting at work today. Our small group of 4 social workers have been so overwhelmed and busy the past several months and the stress level has been really high, making us all very on edge.  So we received good news that we were able to add more hours to our department thereby having one my coworkers move up to full time hours!  I knew this was going to mean change, but I just didn't know how.  Well today, I found out that once again, my role at the facility will be changing (in my 2 years of employment I am now going on my 3rd role).  In the near future, I will be transitioning to social worker on the acute psychiatric hospital unit.  Although, a few weeks ago this would have been a dream since I was so stressed and irritated by policies and politics on my current long term psychiatric unit, I have mixed feelings on the transition. I am extremely excited about my new role (and have been hoping for the opportunity for some time now), but I will also be sad since I do enjoy the unit I work on and I see the potential benefits to the many changes that are coming to my unit!  But although I don't always welcome change with open arms, I am very excited to see where this will lead.  The mental health field fascinates me and although stressful, there is never a dull moment, and I do enjoy the challenge on most days!  It will also help with exploring my career options to decide what I actually want to be when I grow up after I graduate from grad school in 4 years :)  So there you have it, that is what is going on in my work life! 

But as you all know, I can't do a post without sharing what keeps the sunshine in my life shining bright...


Bryleigh finally got her dilly bar that she was so craving from Tuesday night's baseball game! And she didn't even need to show her big brown pouty eyes, Grandma just offered right away :)

And I have to share, we are so proud of Christian!  He was the first batter up tonight and he hit the ball on his first pitch and did awesome!  We are so proud of you Christian!  It was only a few weeks ago that he could only hit off of the T and now he is hitting pitched balls! 

No comments:

Post a Comment