Monday, May 2, 2011

Poor Baby

I took Bryleigh and Christian to daycare at 7am this morning and received a call from Chris at 9am informing me that Bryleigh had a 100.1 fever.  Not even 20 minutes later I get a call that Bryleigh's fever went up to 102.  So I left work but having my 45 minute commute home, I wasn't able to get Bryleigh to the walk in clinic until 11:30am.  Poor little girl had a fever of 104.5 and that was after we had already given her Tylenol.  She was shivering but yet still so hot! 

They tested her for strep throat, checked her ears, and decided that it must be a virus and sent us home.  Although the doctor and nurses were very nice, I'm not happy with that answer.  That high of a fever makes me so nervous!  So Bryleigh finally calmed down after we got home and fell asleep on me! I hate not being able to soothe her!  She was just crying for about 1 1/2 straight :( 

So now we are at home, Christian is napping in his room and I have Bryleigh napping on the couch so I can keep my eye on her!  Hopefully she feels better soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment