Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wisconsin Brain Injury Conference

On Monday and Tuesday, I had the 23rd annual Wisconsin Brain Injury Conference at the Wilderness Lodge in Wisconsin Dells.  My work paid for the conference and hotel and since its had a waterpark, I enlisted the help of my mom and brought the kids.  So I wasn't able to enjoy the waterpark at all but my mom and kids sure had fun!  She wasn't able to get any pictures in the waterpark because she definitely had her hands full, but I'm glad they enjoyed it.

And I learned a lot at the conference and met a lot of great individuals both professionals and brain injury survivors.  I have to say that my favorite presentation at the conference was the keynote speech on Day 1 given by Steven Benvenisti, an attorney in New York and it was entitled, "The Most Significant Case of my Entire Career." It was an amazing story and you can find it HERE. And as I was checking into our hotel room, he was waiting for his taxi to the airport so I was able to compliment him on how inspiring his story was.  He was a very nice person! 

For Dinner, we were able to go to Christian's favorite restaurant: Buffalo Phil's.  We discovered this restaurant last year and it's great!  I mean what little boy wouldn't love a train delivering your food!  

The train blowing bubbles at the kids!


And I just love this picture:
 The kids were enjoying the nice morning on the patio, when a duck came over and must have assumed they had food! 


It was a nice couple of days but I can tell that I was away from my office for 2 days because today was very busy for me at work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment