Monday, February 14, 2011

The Day of Love

Happy Valentine's Day!  What a great day to tell the people around you how much they mean to you! Bryan and I didn't do anything "special" for Valentine's Day but I couldn't think of a better way to spend it then with my 3 favorite people: the hubby and our two lovely children! 

Today I was very emotional.  Some of you may not understand but today was a major milestone for Bryleigh and I!  I believe she is officially weaned from nursing!  My little girl no longer needs that nursing bond and I, on the other hand, had a hard time with that this morning.  I have slowly been cutting out feedings since shortly after she turned a year and she was down to 1 time in the morning.  And she didn't wake up at all last night!  Which is wonderful, but difficult for me all the same.  But now it is time to replace nursing with lots of cuddling and rocking and I'm okay with that too.  It will also be a LOT easier when Bryan and I go to Mexico in early April! 


Now on to the funny stuff!  Bryleigh has learned quite the dance moves lately and when we were at the mall this past weekend, she was walking and stopped in front of Hollister and was dancing and head bopping and it was the cutest!  Many onlookers were giggling to themselves and when we headed into a store awhile later, someone commented, "there's the dancing baby."  So I attempted to get some video of her dancing tonight, so if combine the videos together, then you can get an idea of her great dance moves! 

She was eating a cracker in this video.  And sorry about the bad camera skills, I still have a lot to learn! 


(Don't worry, I do have sympathy for my son when he hurts himself but I mean he was spinning around in a circle with a guitar so what do you expect?)

I tried to get a picture of the kids being festive in their Valentine's Day outfits but, of course, one is always smiling while the other is not.  Bryleigh has the cutest little shirt that says, "Peek a Boo" and then on the back is say, "I love you." And of course, Daddy says that a Red Wisconsin Jersey is festive enough for Christian! 

We also made cookies for Christian's Car's Valentines for his party at Preschool tomorrow! 


I hope everyone had a love filled day!  I know I sure did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment