Saturday, August 25, 2012

Home Sweet Home

I am home, safe and sound!  And so very excited to be home!  I missed the kiddos, my hubby, and my bed. It was a busy two days and the reality has officially set in that I am starting graduate school and saying good bye to my Saturday's for the next 4 years with a few breaks in between.  It is a very scary, and hard concept to process but I just need to keep thinking of the end result and the benefit for our family!

On Friday, I had orientation for the program. We learned about what our life will consist of over the next 4 years, met all those in our cohort program, and toured the UW-Madison Campus.  The day went amazingly fast and after a meal at my favorite restaurant, Hu Hot Mongolian Grill, it was back to the hotel to study.

This morning, I had an exam to attempt to test out of my first class that will be starting on September 8, thus delaying the start of my schooling to the end of October.  I have been studying for the past several months, reading 5 books on my camping trips, nights and weekends, and any time that I can squeeze in some reading. I felt as prepared as ever going into the exam this morning knowing every historical development in  social work.  But boy, was I in for a rude awakening!  After the first several questions, I felt completely unprepared and as if the past several months of studying had been completely unrelated to the test questions. I walked out the exam discouraged and disappointed. And as I had expected, I did not pass the exam.  I was 9 points away from a passing grade and a few many tears were shed! So needless to say, I am frustrated and emotional today. 

I tell you this news not for sympathy but just to let you know that I do go through tough times, and although I like to keep this a happy and fun blog of my family life, there are up's and down's we go through. But onward and upward! And now, instead of a few more free Saturday's to enjoy, I will be starting classes in two weeks!  

But I sure was excited to be home this afternoon and spend time with my amazing husband who has been so supportive in my going back to school journey and knows just the right words to say to make me feel better (and laugh a little.) I couldn't make this journey without him and I'm so blessed to have such a supportive family!  

On a happy note,  these little faces just made my evening so much better!

Picking tomato's with Grandma

Helping Grandpa fix the hot tub

Eating all the tomato's that Grandma and Bryleigh picked :)






Such a good little mommy!
Tomorrow is a new day and I need to realize that God has a reason for everything and I just need to trust in him (although his life plans are not always what we want!)

No comments:

Post a Comment