Saturday, August 18, 2012

Change of Plans

Well, I guess the good Lord had other plans for my niece's birthday.  Unfortunately there is no baby pictures to show you today since apparently quite a few other babies decided it was a great day to be born!  So due to the Family Birthplace being overly busy, my sister was rescheduled for induction for 8am tomorrow!  Now let's pray that all goes well and she can be induced tomorrow as scheduled!  I know the feeling of being of being all prepared and then there is a change of plans. The emotions run wild, especially in a very pregnant female!

My mother and I attempted to get my sister out of the house so that she could stay busy but she decided she wanted to relax!  So we took my oldest niece and Bryleigh on fun girls day to the Dells, while Christian and Daddy had a boy's day playing with their friends, Andy and Landon and Carson!  It was the perfect girl's day and we all had lots of fun!

Our first stop of the day was the Canyon Stables for some horseback riding fun! I was a bit scared to take a wild toddler on an hour long trail ride on horseback!  But amazingly, to say she loved it would be an understatement!  She was so excited and talked about everything we were doing along the way.







My favorite of Bryleigh's statements was, "Mom, you scared?" when the horse started galloping.  And also, "Mom, careful" as she continued to make sure that my hands were firmly wrapped around her and holding onto the horse.

I have to say that horseback riding takes on a whole new feeling when you are responsible for a little 2 year old on the horse also.  There were many times that my stomach was in my throat when the horse would gallop or kick up a leg.  But overall, we had a great time and Bryleigh did so well.  But I'm glad that it was just a girls day because I know my timid, safety concerned 5 year old and there is no way that he would have gone on a horseback ride.  He would have been too scared.  So we will wait a bit longer before we take Christian on a ride.

Our next stop was the petting zoo...









Lastly, we stopped at the outlet mall.  What's a girl's day without a little retail therapy :)

I found lots of good deals and started to pick up some fall/winter necessities for the kiddos!



And I couldn't pass up this clearance dress at Old Navy for next summer!
We also found a few pairs of flip flops for Bryleigh at the Disney Store for only $2.50 each!  Bryleigh LOVES flip flops and tends to steal any pair that are lying around!  But it is very hard to find flip flops for toddlers with no back straps.  So although these are a tad bit big, they will serve the purpose!


And I also picked up a few sun dresses for me since we have our Mexico trip all booked for March 2013!  It is never too early to buy dresses for vacation!

We had a great day and although I still think that it would have been beneficial to for Katie to come along on our girls day (that horseback ride would have put her into labor for sure :) I understand that she wanted to relax! So now we just hope and pray that tomorrow my little niece will grace us with her presence!

No comments:

Post a Comment