Friday, July 27, 2012

Seeing through New Lenses

I went to the eye doctor last fall to be tested for Glaucoma since it runs in my family. Thankfully, I am Glaucoma free but I still need to be tested yearly since I have a very probable chance of developing it eventually. While I was there, I had a refraction so that I could see if I needed glasses. Surprisingly, I only need reading glasses.  When I was a child I was far sighted and needed glasses.  I have some very hideous picture of me with my big ole' glasses that magnified my eyes times 10.  I am so thankful that technology has come far enough that the glasses are not fashionable and my eyes do not look like alien eyes.  So in my attempts to purchase some cheap reading glasses which you can find in most stores, I could find no frames that I cared for.  So I spent the money to get prescription glasses from Shopko.  I spent an evening trying on every pair of frames that they had (or at least that is what it felt like) and after opinions from the hubby and my mom, I picked a pair out and ordered them.


So far, I love them!  I can see so much better while I am studying and I actually feel confident in them and not self conscious as I did when I was in grade school!  It was well worth the expensive price tag!   Those of you who have vision insurance sure are lucky folks! But in the meantime, I will continue to study away while on our camping trip this weekend using my new glasses :)

No comments:

Post a Comment