Sunday, July 1, 2012

Pizza Rolls

I was not in the mood to cook yesterday since it was a lazy hot day.  Obviously, we all needed to eat but I needed to find a quick and easy recipe.  So I turned to my good old friend, Pinterest!  The homemade Pizza Rolls were very yummy!  I recommend trying them and they are a kid approved meal item also!

Ingredients:

3 cans Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits (10 biscuits per can)
56 pepperoni slices
Block of cheese (Colby & Monterey Jack or Cheese Stick)
1 beaten egg
Parmesan
Italian seasoning
Garlic powder
1 jar pizza sauce

1. Flatten a biscuit out and stack pepperoni and cheese on top. I cut the cheese into tiny rectangles but it didnt seem to be enough cheese so I used 2 pieces.


2.Gather up the edges of the biscuit and fold into ball. Line the rolls up in a greased 9x13 in. pan

 3.  Brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle with parmesan, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Bake at 425°F for 28-30 minutes.(The recipe I used called for baking time of 18-20 minutes but the rolls were a bit doughy so I had to cook longer.)


4.Serve the rolls with warm pizza sauce for dipping.

It was super easy and delicous! And we had Rhubarb Pie for Dessert, baked by my hubby!


Now it off for another fun afternoon of boating to top of  a fun filled weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy, hat a sweet husband to bake a pie for you!

    ReplyDelete