Sunday, July 15, 2012

A day of shopping and cleaning

Time flew by today. As much as I wish we were doing something fun, I actually spent the day doing some much needed shopping, cleaning, and organizing. My Grandma, mom, and I are planning on having a garage sale within the next couple of weeks so I enlisted the kids helping on going through all of the toys.  Between the living room, Christian's room, Bryleigh's room, and the downstairs playroom, the majority of the their toys are rarely touched, so we decided to get rid of quite a few. I thought this was going to be torture for the kids but by the end of the cleaning, they were putting more than enough  toys in the sale pile and believe it or not, I had to start removing things to put away.  But we do have a large pile and I'm sure more will be added as we go.

Bryleigh took almost a 3 hour nap today and in that time I did our weekly grocery shopping, made a quick stop at Maurices for their 75% off sale (I found 4 very cute shirts and I only spent $22.00, now that is a good deal :), stopped at Staples and Shopko to pick up not only all of Christian's school supplies, but my supplies also, and lastly, stopped by Hallmark and picked up a few Christmas Ornaments (Yes, they started their sale already in July.)

So, I definitely had my fair share of shopping for the day but I did get lots accomplished.  Here are a couple of our cute finds...

This backpack was a 30 minute ordeal with Christian wanting to pick the perfect backpack (and Mom giving options since I am very sick of looking at Transformers and Bumblebee!)


These are for mom:

And the rest of the evening was spent organizing our file folders since our file cabinet was over flowing  and its just one of those projects that consistently gets put off til another day, while the kids played with cousin Lindsey:



And just because we are so amazed by our cute little girl, here is a video of Bryleigh playing but also counting to 10...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a productive day! I need to do a yard sale when we get home also. Hope your having a happy summer :)

    ReplyDelete