Monday, July 1, 2013

The Unexpected on our Camping Weekend

We decided to plan a last minute camping trip for this past weekend.  The weather outlook was going back and forth between sunny and rainy so we took a chance and reserved sites with my in laws.  I was really hoping for sunny, hot weather since the campground had a lots of stuff for the kids to do.  I was very excited to show the kids around the campground that I used to camp at when I was a kid and also the campground where mommy and daddy camped before we were married.  The weather was not as nice as we had hoped with it raining almost all of Friday and Saturday but we stuck it out and enjoyed the rays of sun when they came!

Christian being a campsite "guard"

Right before lunch on Saturday, Bryleigh came over to me and wanted to sit on my lap which is very unusual for a busy body she is. I offered her lunch and she stated she didn't want to eat because her tummy hurt. That's when we knew that something was wrong. For the remainder of the day, she continued to just lay around on mine and Grandma's lap. Her temperature also steadily rose! Luckily, we knew some people that were camping so we were able to borrow some Tylenol.  Bryleigh became nauseous later in the day and couldn't keep even liquids down.  Poor girl was so miserable that she only took a 30 minute nap.  I ended up sleeping with Bryleigh in our bed in the camper while daddy made a midnight run to Walmart to get some Ibuprofen to try and break her fever since the Tylenol wasn't cutting it.  I think this is the most miserable that I have seen our baby girl.  She had a 103 degree fever and was even talking in her sleep and twitching which she never does. We were very worried about our baby girl!






 Bryleigh woke up on Sunday and was doing much better.  She was so excited that the sun was shining so we could go swimming.  We ate some breakfast and headed to the pool.  After we go to the pool, she went in the water for about 2 minutes and then went back and laid on the chair. I could tell that her fever was coming back and the remainder of the time at the pool, she just layed next to the pool and watched Christian play.







Daddy having too much fun with the camera while going down the slide!




While we were packing up to head home, Bryleigh fell asleep in the chair.  I'm not sure how she could even sleep in this uncomfortable position.  We all had a relaxed evening on Sunday night.

Thankfully, Bryleigh woke up this morning just as spunky as ever!  And I'm thankful to report that I had a great first day at my new job!  Of course, there is only so much fun to be had with a full day of orientation, policies, and trainings!

1 comment:

  1. Oh that is so hard when they are sick like that. I am so happy to hear she was feeling better Sunday and had a good day. You have such a fun family:)

    ReplyDelete