Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Take me out to the Ball Game

Bryan, Bryleigh, Christian, and I enjoyed our first ever Wisconsin Rapids Rafters Baseball game yesterday evening as a family evening.  We went with our friends, Tammy and Travis and their kiddos.  Christian went with his great uncle Kevin last year to a game but the rest of us have never made it to a game since the league was started in our town a few years ago.  The kids were very excited to be going to a game and it was even better that Wisconsin Rapids Youth Softball Association (WRYSA) players got in free if they wore their uniforms.  Christian wore his Cubs uniform from this years team and Bryleigh wore Christian's Brewers uniform from last year's team.  They were very cute!





As soon as we entered the gate, a staff member approached us to see if Bryleigh wanted to run the bases after the 3rd inning! She happily said "yes!"  Christian and Wyatt were asked to participate too but our shy boys declined.  Our Bryleigh girl loves to be the center of attention so I'm pretty sure that we are going to have our hands full someday.  I snapped a few pictures of her enjoying her "run to fame!"






I was bummed that I forgot to get a video of it but I was excited when I learned that they record the game and put on YouTube.  So here is our little star in action  (fast forward to 1:25:00)...

Isn't she just the cutest!?!

Unfortunately, we were unable to stay for the entire game since it would have been way past my the kids bedtime so we left in the 5th winning. But the rafters won 16 to 11 so that was awesome!  It was fun to take the kids out to the ballgame and eat some good food.  We will definitely have to do it again!


1 comment: