Friday, April 15, 2011

Our Late Honeymoon

Its been hard getting back into the swing of things this week but finally I have had a chance to sit down and update on our vacation.  Be aware of the many pictures that you are about to see in this post :)

Ahh... fun times :)
I loved this picture :)
Last week, Bryan and I took our 4 year late honeymoon to Riviera Maya, Mexico!  Better late than never right!?!  We had a blast but I can't say that I didn't struggle with it at all!  The first 2 days were rough because I couldn't stop thinking about the kids and how they were doing :( I had many sobbing fits those first 2 days but it did get better and the rest of the week was amazing! 

The pool area where we spent most of our time!
Our ocean view from our room at sunset!
The pool area at night!  Beautiful!
The is the animal that resembles a monkey/raccoon! I still don't know what it is? 
They were everywhere!  This is taken from our balcony!

We couldn't have asked for better weather!  We didn't see a drop of rain or cloud!  It was 85 and sunny the whole time were were there!  We stayed at the Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda and except for a couple of little problems we ran into when we arrived, we were very happy with the resort.  We are thinking that we want to go back again in the next couple of years with the kids.  The resort was so family friendly and this didn't help me with my missing the kids because everywhere you turned their babies and toddlers! 


The sports bar with swings!
They made the most picturesque drinks!  And they tasted amazing :)
Michae Jackson Tribute show at our resort
The majority of our vacation was spent swimming and relaxing by the pool or on the beach!  And of course, eating!  The food was amazing!  I teased Bryan the whole trip because he informed me that he was going to pack light and only bring one dress shirt since he was only going to be wearing it for dinner if we went somewhere fancy.  On the other hand, I brought a dress for every night of the week:)  Well, it turned out that there was a dress code for all of the restaurants that we wanted to try so he is wearing the same dress shirt in all of our pictures! 
Night 2-Buffet!
Night 3-Seafood Restaurant
Amazing steak and lobster :)
Night 4-Mexican Restaurant

Night 5-Steakhouse Restaurant
Night 6-Italian Restaurant (My favorite)
In front of the French Restaurant
Night 8-French Restaurant
Amazing Dessert

We did two excursions that were off the resort.  One was to Tulum to see the ancient Mayan Ruins.
I loved seeing all the wildlife!
They had one of the most beautiful beaches that we had ever seen!

And the other was to Selvatica which was a day filled with zip lining(so fun), go kart riding, and swimming in a cenote!  This was amazing and it was so worth the money!  Unfortunately, we didn't get any pictures of the ziplining because we couldn't bring our cameras and they pictures that we could purchase didn't turn out too well :(
Our tour guides!




Bryan did a flip into the cenote and showed up our tour guide :)

They also had a market that set up at our resort on Saturday night and we ended up buying most of our souvenirs for everyone our 2nd night there.  So in other words, we spent the majority of our money and ended up not even making it into town to Playa Del Carmen.  We plan to go into town  next time we take a vacation there!  I fell in love with their hand sewn dresses and bought one for myself, Bryleigh, and both of my nieces!
The is the dress that I bought for myself!


The dresses for Bryleigh and Phoenix
Bryan was making friends with all the natives     




On our 2nd to last day we walked the beach past several other resorts and found several rivers that met up with the ocean! It was really neat!

 By the end of our vacation, we were talking about the kids more and more and comparing other kids that we saw to Christian and Bryleigh.  So we knew that we were ready to come home!  My parents picked us up from the airport on Saturday night and the kids were there waiting for us!  It was great to see them and I'm so happy we are back home with them!  We met so many nice people while we were there!  We sure could take a lesson from them, that's for sure!
Alma-Our Hotel Concierge that helped us everyday!
Had to try our the kids presents!
The view from our plane on the way home!

It was an amazing experience and I'm so happy that Bryan and I took this vacation for ourselves!  We have so many great pictures, its hard to believe that this isn't even close to all the good ones we have!  I"m sure over the course of the next couple months, I will be throwing some more pictures in my posts since they are just too great to not share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment