Saturday, December 11, 2010

A little late but Happy Birthday to my hubby!!!

Yesterday was Bryan's 24th Birthday! We had a great day!  We woke up bright and early because Bryan had doctor appointments in Madison.  It was so nice of the VA to schedule appointments on his birthday!  Oh well, we had a good day.  But before we left, Christian helped me make a birthday cake for daddy!



We just had tons of cake from Bryleigh's birthday that we decided not to get another cake but Christian and I used what we had in the house :)  And the candle is from Christian's 1st Birthday Party! I told Bryan that it was because he was #1 in our lives!  He He!!!  Christian loved it and helped him blow out the candles and eat the donuts because it turns out that Bryan had a fasting lab so he wasn't able to eat anything until after 11am.

We stopped by the mall on the way home to grab some lunch and see Santa but Santa was going on lunch break so we will have to go to our little mall in town and see Santa this week! After we got home, Bryan cleaned out the garage to make room for us to park in it for the first time!  For those of you that don't know, we built a 2 stall garage this past summer and it is still a work in progress!  My dad is doing our electrical, free of charge, so we are on his time line, which is fine but we were waiting on moving everything till the wiring was done but since we supposed to get a huge snowstorm (which is upon us right now) we decided we better move everything so we could park in it last night.

While Daddy was cleaning out the garage and Bryleigh was napping, Christian and I went to Walmart to get some supplies to make Bryleigh some headbands!  I bought her one online for $18 and she wore it yesterday and within a couple of hours, she was able to pull the bow apart.  So I was thinking, if I can make her bows myself for cheaper then I won't be upset if she pulls it apart!  So I actually ran into a friend of mine, who said that I should go to Hobby Lobby so I only bought a couple things to get a start and then I will have to run to Wausau one of these weekends to get some more things!

Here is the finished product:



It is not the greatest but I was pretty proud of my first attempt!  For those of you that know me, you know that I am not a crafty person, although I want to be!  So I am going to keep trying different things and I have my friend who is going to teach me how to sew!

Then the hubby and I took the kids over to my in laws so that Bryan and I could have a nice dinner at the Branding Iron!  We both had steak and it was SO good!!!!  We sure had an enjoyable evening!  And now, we plan on hibernating all weekend because it is really snowing out there!  We probably already have 6-8 inches of snow!  So have a great day and Happy Snowman Making :)

No comments:

Post a Comment