Thursday, March 14, 2013

My New Car!!!!

Today, I said goodbye to my old friend...my 2008 Toyota Camry XLE! She has been a good car to me over the past 4 years.  This was my second car that I owned and quite the upgrade from my 1993 Mercury Cougar.  After I graduated college, everyone told me that I had better upgrade my car or else no one would take me seriously in my new profession with my old beater car!  This car was the one that spoiled me and I knew that I was never going to be able to go without my GPS, heated seats, and moon roof again. I also get the best gas mileage for how much driving I do!


My car only had 83,000 highway miles on it and it was no where near getting old but since I drive almost 1,000 miles a week between my commute to work and school on Saturday's, I knew over the course of the next 3 years I would need to start sticking money into the car for maintenance. So, we decided to trade it in at a time when I could still get a fairly decent price for it.

Since I love my Toyota Camry, I decided to stick with the same! So I upgraded to a 2012 Toyota Camry XLE.  I got an amazing deal on a brand new car but since the 2013's are out, they just want last year's model off the lot!

I have always loved the metallic gray color and the dealership was able to find me the exact color I wanted at another dealership. We picked it up today and we were there for over 2 hours signing papers and learning about all the amazing features on my new car!  My favorite... I can connect through my phone and listen to Pandora and all my downloaded music on my phone through my stereo. It also has a USB port so that I can connect my Ipod also. I'm excited to play around with it some more tomorrow!

The kids spent the evening with Grandma and Grandpa, and Bryan and I were even able to go out for sushi!

It was an exciting day and now I need to calm down a bit so that I can study for my final exam which is on Saturday!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats to your new car, Kallie! I can feel how much you loved your old Camry. Also, it is not a bad idea if you stick with the new version. It would, in fact, give you the same comfortability you had with the last model because you can feel the connection between the two. I wish you a happy ride!

    Mae Weitz

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s nice that you've found a great dealership that provided you the exact car you want. I've been in your situation before. They have the car model that I want, but I disliked the color. Of course, I 'd be happier if I got the one that I really want, so I went to another dealership. It took me another week to have my car, but it's worth it!

    Ashely Redden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! The 2012 Toyota Camry's multimedia features are excellent for techie people. And with its comfortable and spacious backseats, I bet you are always sharing joy rides with your family and friends. Anyway, I'd like to share some car exterior maintenance tips: Do not wash your vehicle in open areas. Soap suds will dry quickly if the car's surface is hot, and this will stain and will be hard to wash off. Remember to use mild liquid soap in car washing to prevent the paint from fading quickly.

    -Danille Folson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's an impressive output from having a car so long and it's definitely hard to say goodbye to a vehicle that almost become a family member. What makes you choose the Toyota Camry? Other than that you already chosen it before? I find that Kia makes comparable models to the Toyota and they have pretty good value for their price.

    Douglass @ Viva Kia

    ReplyDelete